Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stack of Aloha Squares



This is a quilt top that was made from a stack of fabric squares that Joey and Lynn gave me when they were married and living in Hawaii. I think it might have even been Jose Vicente that suggested it as something to give me. That's how long it's been. I did put them together, and now it's way too long. It would fit a twin and hang way way over, but I think I'll trim it and add a border on both sides. My sense is that all my quilts should be about queen size now. It's the most practical, and I would like them to be used.

This quilt has a really masculine feel to it, but there are squares with neon colors like pink and turquoise that make it pop. Also the fabrics are funky fabulous. They're all different. Some are 100% cotton, some are poly-cotton, some just poly no cotton. So it would be good to give to someone very tactile, because as you touch it, the hand of the fabric changes.

To be completely honest. I have no idea who's quilt this is. Maybe after I choose the border and backing it will become more clear. It should be a boy though, or a girl who isn't particularly girly. I love it. Don't you?

No comments: