Friday, June 29, 2007

Norah Gaughan Cabled Bolero or Capecho


Vogue Knitting's Winter 2006 issue had Norah Gaughan's Capecho on the cover. Although later in the issue they called it a Cabled Bolero. Whatever you want to call it, it's a beauty. But the sizing is an issue. I'm a big girl, but I made the size medium. I did a gauge swatch and got it right on, but found that a lot of other knitters were having sizing issues and were talking about it on Craftster.org.


It's so pretty though, and I didn't want their problems to deter me, but rather to direct me on how I could make this fit my dimensions. I'm so pleased with the result and wore it to Opening Day for the San Francisco Giants! The picture though isn't actually from Opening Day. Those didn't show the Capecho very well.


Oh, and this was my first knitted object that wasn't a square or rectangle. And first cables too! Isn't that great?!

No comments: